Friday 18 July 2014

If I Only Had a Heart : The Tin Man

Quite possibly the oldest* of all robot songs and celebrating its 75th Anniversary is If I Only Had a Heart from The Wizard of Oz. The pedants out there might argue that the tin man is not a robot, but a mere tin man. However since I've already included the wonderful Country Robot by The Incredible Moses Leroy, then there's got to be a place for Tin Man's If I Only Had a Heart...



*If any readers can point me in the direction of an even older song about a robot, please don't be shy :)



[easter egg]
I just have to slip this acoustic cover of If I Only Had A Heart in...
it's trumped the Tin Man out of 101 songs about robots... RADIO! and the playlist sounds so much better because of it. Everything about this is right. Beautiful singing, beautiful strumming... I love it!



More hidden easter egg type things can be found peppered through my posts... happy hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment